Salted Honey Pie
- Refrigerated pie crust
- 4 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2 1/2 cups (600ml) heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup (144g) unpacked light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch, sifted
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (120ml) honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Sea salt, optional
- Prepare the pie crust in a deep dish 8 inch pie pan, or a 9 inch pie pan, and set it in the fridge. Do not pre-bake it. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Add the egg yolks to a large bowl. Set aside.
- To make the filling, heat the heavy cream, brown sugar, cornstarch and salt in a medium saucepan on medium heat until it comes to a rolling boil, stirring regularly. It should start to thicken.
- Once the mixture comes to a full boil, remove it from the heat.
- Temper the eggs by adding a little bit of the cream mixture to the eggs and whisking, then adding a little more. Add the remaining cream mixture and stir until combined and smooth.
- Add the honey and vanilla extract to the custard and stir until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust.
- Bake the pie for 40-45 minutes. It will bubble up and start to brown on top.
- Remove the pie from the oven. It will still be pretty jiggly. Set it on the counter to cool until it comes to room temperature. It will firm up as it sits.
- Refrigerate the pie until it’s cold and fully firm.
- Sprinkle the sea salt onto the pie and serve.
- One quarter teaspoon of Himalayan Pink Salt
- Two tablespoons of lemon juice
- Eight ounces of water
- One teaspoon of honey (Any Suitable Floral Type)
- Begin by adding the lemon juice and salt into the eight ounces of water. Stir this mixture well until it becomes uniform.
- After that, add the honey to sweeten it. You can also consider leaving the honey out if you don’t mind having a slightly sour-tasting drink. It’s not a main active ingredient in this lemonade.
Asian Honey Chicken
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
FOR THE SAUCE
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or more, to taste
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Working one at a time, dredge chicken in flour, dip into buttermilk, then dredge in flour again, pressing to coat.
- tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- Working in batches, add chicken to the skillet, 3 or 4 at a time, and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water; set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium high heat, combine honey, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, sesame oil and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and stir in cornstarch mixture until slightly thickened, about 2-3 minutes; set aside.
- Serve chicken immediately, drizzled with honey glaze